Nursing school is a necessary step along the journey of working as a registered nurse RN, LPN, or other nursing profession. Ideally, nursing schools will provide students with a deep understanding of nursing rules and laws, relevant nursing skills, and the certifications and degrees necessary to obtain a license to practice.
Unfortunately, many new students are often intimidated by the course work and clinical requirements. Sometimes, nursing students question whether or not nursing is the career they want to choose. Sometimes, nursing students even consider dropping out of college or nursing school due to the pressure or feelings of failure.
It is common and perfectly normal to have doubts and frustrations along the way, and nearly every successful nurse dealt with these same doubts and struggles during their journey. It is important to keep in mind that nursing school is not the same as actually working as a nurse. Nursing school is structured in a way as to educate you on the skills, rules, and prepare you for the work. Working as a nurse allows you to interact with patients and co-workers at your nursing job, and you can become comfortable in your daily routine.
The articles below can help answer many of the common questions nursing students have, and can offer tips and insight on how to successfully complete your nursing education.
Thinking about going to Nursing School?
Are you contemplating going to nursing school, or are you actually in nursing school right now? Nursing school can be challenging, especially if you do not know what to expect. Here is a great guide by S. L. Page BSN, RN called “How to Pass Nursing School“. This book gives you detailed information about how to pass nursing school from beginning to end. S.L. Page, the creator of this website, complied all the information students what to know about nursing school into one easy to read guide. She gives in depth information on how to succeed in nursing school.
S.L. Page graduated from nursing school with honors and passed the NCLEX-RN on her first try. In this ebook, she reveals the strategies she used to help her succeed.
Here is what the book looks like:
Nursing School Tips, Frequently Asked Questions, and Answers
To find articles and help for nursing school, make sure to check out our complete Nursing School Tips category.
- Arterial Blood Gas Interpretation | for Nurses and Nursing Students
- 12 (Twelve) Hour Nursing Shifts | Are they Hard to Work & What are their Benefits Compared to 8 Hour Shifts?
- Scholarships for Nursing Students | Grants Versus Loans
- Nursing Report | Questions to Ask During Nurse Shift to Shift Report About Your Patient
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) Diet Teaching Low Salt for Registered Nurses RN
- NLN PAX-RN Exam Study Guide for Nursing Students | Entrance Exams for Nursing School and How to Study
- HOBET Exam Study Guide and Tips | How to Study for HOBET Exam for Nursing Students in Nursing School
- Free Resume Templates for Nurses | How to Create a Resume for RN
- Nursing Portfolio | How to Create, Examples, and What is it?
- Tips on How to Effectively Communicate Talk to Doctors as a New Nurse Graduate
- What is the ATI TEAS Exam for Nursing Students? What Study Guide to Buy to Help Study for the TEAS Exam?
- Good Student Nurse Jobs For Nursing Students while in Nursing School
- The Qualities of Being a Good Certified Nursing Assistant CNA
- How to Afford Nursing School College? I Can’t Afford to Get a Nursing Degree, Help!
- Can I Become a Nurse With a Class C Misdemeanor?
- Can I Be a Nurse If I Am Afraid of Blood?
- What are Clinicals in Nursing School?
- What are Your First Semester of Clinicals in Nursing School Like?
- Can I Take Nursing Classes In High School to Prepare for College? Registered Nurse RN
- How Long Did it Take to Get Into Nursing School? Registered Nurse RN
- Are Nclex Review Guides, Software, and Books Worth It?
- Does it Matter what Hospital you Choose to do your Clinicals?
- Are the Negatives True about what People Say about Nursing School?
- NET compared to HESI and How do I study for the HESI Exam?
- International Nursing Students need to be licensed in their Country to take NCLEX?
- Nursing School Math-Will I ever understand it?
- Am I cut out for Nursing School?
- Can’t Pass NCLEX, forgot all my nursing material, and don’t know what to do?
- I Have Left Hemiparesis, Can I Succeed in the Nursing Program, I Live a Normal Life?
- What Non-Clinical Courses To Take Before I Start My Nursing Program?
- Doing the BSN Accelerated Program, Mom of 4, and taking classes 5 days per week, Any Suggestions?
- How Many Hours Did You Study? Is Nursing School Hard?
- Are There Any Older Women with Families in Nursing School? How to Juggle Nursing School & Family?
- College Requirement for HESI A2 Exam! How to prepare?
- Failed HESI Three Times, Having to Repeat the Semester, Help Me!
- Nursing Is So Fast Paced-How Will I Make It? I’m a Perfectionist?
- Daughter Needs to Pass the HESI-Please Help!
- Want to Be a Nurse But I Hate Burns & Wounds?
- Starting the Nursing Program-What Are the Do’s and Don’ts?
- Does Nursing School Destroy Your Social Life? Is It Really That Hard Like People Say It Is, and How many Hours do you Study a Night?
- What is the HESI Test? Advice on Tests in Nursing School
- Can’t Pass NCLEX After 3 Years of Trying! I’m Licensed In the UK
- Nursing School Has a Waiting List of One Year! What Can I Do Until Then
- iSeach paper–Why Did You Pick Nursing? How Many Years Did It Take You To Complete It?
- What Type of Stethoscope Should a Nursing Student Get to Use?
- Worried About Nursing School-Is It That Hard? How Is It When You Graduate? Is Insurance Benefits Worth It?
- Nursing School Interview, What to Expect? Should I Tell Them I Applied to Other Nursing Schools?
- I Want to Be a Nurse But I Don’t Know What Nursing is Truly Like
- What HESI Entrance Exam Scores are Considered Average & Great?
- Nursing School GPA Requirements for Acceptance
- Nursing School Acceptance Applications Tips
- Can a Person Who is Sometimes Shy & Gets Panicky with New Situations Still be a Nurse?
- Failed Exit HESI Three Times…Lost All Confidence..Help
- Do You Practice Drawing Blood On Other Students (Partner) in Nursing School?
- Can you Get into Nursing School with a D?
- Nusing School Interview, Application, and Personal Statement
- Employed during Nursing School, Dosage Calculations Hard, Hours for Clinicals?
- Best Books for the HESI Exam Preparation?
- Best HESI & NCLEX-RN Study Guide Books: What Books to Purchase when Studying
- Dosage & Calculation Problems in Nursing School & Some Practice Problems–What Every Nursing Student Should Know!
- Hesi Study Log & Book Recommendations
- Nursing School Textbooks: How to get Cheap Deals & Save Money on Nursing School Textbooks
- Should Nurses Know How to Convert Grams to Grains?