Learn how to solve problems when multiplying and dividing decimal numbers for the ATI TEAS V, ACT, HESI, or SAT exam. The ATI TEAS exam and other entrance exams contain a math section. Unfortunately, you will be unable to use a calculator! Many students dread taking the math section of the ATI exam because they are not good at math. However, practice makes perfect for successfully passing the ATI TEAS math section.
What type of math is on the ATI TEAS exam? The ATI TEAS math section test participants on order of operations, ratios, fractions, solving equations with one unknown variable, etc. This ATI TEAS math practice quiz will test you ability to solve multiplying and dividing decimal numbers.
It may look complicated to multiply or divide a number with decimals. However, it’s much easier than it looks. You just have to remember a few basic tricks.
Below are a few tips to remember.
Multiplying Decimal Numbers:
- Remember the mnemonic “REC” (the phrase “Rabbits Eat Carrots” may help).
- The “R” stands for “Remove the decimals.”
- The “E” stands for “Execute the problem.”
- The “C” stands for “Count the total original decimal places and add that to the final answer.”
Dividing Decimal Numbers:
- Remember the mnemonic “MUD” (the phrase “Mary Understands Division” may help).
- The “M” stands for “Move the decimal in the divisor to the right until it becomes a whole number.
- The “U” stands for “Use the same number of decimal places that it took to convert the divisor to a whole number, and put that in the dividend and quotient.
- The “D” stands for “Divide the problem and solve!”
See the video tutorial below to understand how to multiply and divide decimal numbers, and then take the free quiz to test your knowledge!
Multiply & Dividing Decimal NumbersThis math quiz will test your knowledge on how to multiply and divide decimal numbers.
(NOTE: When you hit submit, it will refresh this same page. Scroll down to see your results.)
After you are done taking the quiz and click submit, the page will refresh and you will need to scroll down to see what you got right and wrong. In addition, below this quiz is a layout of the quiz with an answer key (if you wanted to print off the quiz..just copy and paste it). Don’t forget to share this quiz with your friends! Please do not re-post on other websites, however.
Practice Problems for Multiplying & Dividing Decimal Numbers
- 5.3 x 6.12 =
- 4 x 3.2 =
- 4.31 x 1.212 =
- 1.86 x 5 x 3.11 =
- 6.10 ÷ 0.5 =
- 10.2 ÷ 1.6 =
- 1.25 ÷ 2.5 =
- 6.4 ÷ 0.8 =
Don’t forget to tell your friends about this quiz by sharing it your Facebook, Twitter, and other social media. You can also take more fun nursing quizzes.
*Disclaimer: While we do our best to provide students with accurate and in-depth study quizzes, this quiz/test is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Please refer to the latest NCLEX review books for the latest updates in nursing. This quiz is copyright RegisteredNurseRn.com. Please do not copy this quiz directly; however, please feel free to share a link to this page with students, friends, and others.