The Dynex 26″ Flat LCD HDTV from Bestbuy is a nice tv with decent specs. I happen to like the Dynex brand, and I own (and reviewed) the 32″ Dynex LCD HDTV model. I really like their quality. I’ve also seen some Dynex flat screens in nursing home facilities, and in patients rooms as well. So if you are wondering if Dynex is a good brand, the answer is YES. But anyway, let us focus on this 26″ television they have.
Is the Dynex 26″ Flat LCD HDTV (DX-L26-10A) Worth it? My Review
First, this TV generally receives a good rating on BestBuy.com’s website. It seems the majority of people rate it 4-5 stars. So that is good news. In my experience, these ratings tend to be accurate. This TV has an average overall of around 4 stars. Not bad at all.
Summary of the Pros: This TV has a great picture, sleek look, reasonable price (look for sales), and very decent specifications for a TV this size. This is a decent size which could be used for a small or medium sized room (or even a living room possibly).
Summary of the Cons: Some people don’t like the sound output, but I think it is good (not like surround sound good, but decent sound). Some people didn’t like the remote buttons (small issue), and didn’t like the options for adjusting the screen (they thought it was complicating), but this shouldn’t be too much of an issue.
I will include the full specs of this HDTV below, but this area will include my summary and quick review of the product. First, Dynex does make great quality LCD tv’s, very much comparable to a brand such as Samsung.
This TV has a very nice sleek black look, which I love on the Dynex televisions. I think it gives them a very clean and expensive appearance. I also happen to like the stands that come with these Dynex Tv’s. My stand really holds the TV sturdy, which I really like.
The picture on this Dynex TV is very sharp, as are most Dynex TV’s. It has 720p, which is good for this sized tv, and a 60 Hz screen refresh rate as well. Bottom line, the picture quality on this TV is very good. Perhaps not the best made, but very nice for the price.
The speakers are not very loud, but what do you expect on a small TV? Dynex does have better sound systems with their larger TV’s (I know mine will really pump the sound out).
It has the built in HDTV tuner, so that is cool that you can pick up any HDTV signals…just attach an antenna, and you are good to go. This TV also has ample inputs for your HDMI, A/V, and all of those fancy connection types. This should satisfy the average consumer (or even the slightly advanced ones).
How Are the Specifications of the Dynex LCD HDTV DX-L26-10A?
The specifications and features for this LCD HDTV are listed below:
This HDTV features many great inputs, so you can hook up your HDMI, A/V and so forth. It also has a very crisp picture, moderate sound, and a built in HDTV tuner so you can pick up your favorite HDTV signals…free!
Accessories Included with the Dynex LCD HDTV DX-L26-10A
- Dynex® 26″ Class / 720p / 60Hz / LCD HDTV
- Tabletop tilting stand (That is nice so you can adjust the viewing angle)
- Remote with 2 AAA batteries (I really like Dynex remotes too)
- Owner’s manual
- Massive Box (have fun lugging that thing around)
Advertised Product Features
- Built-in HDTV tuner Add HD-capable antenna to receive over-the-air high-definition broadcasts, where available. Optional set-top box required for high-definition cable or satellite programming. I love this feature on my 32″, and it does a good job at picking up the HDTV stations. You will need an antenna to do this (not included).
- 26″ screen Measured diagonally from corner to corner brings your favorite movies to life. A moderate size for both the bedroom or living area.
- 1366 x 768 pixel resolution Supports 720p signals for stunning image clarity.
- 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio Delivers a cinema-style entertainment experience.
- 3:2 inverse pulldown For accurate reproduction of film-based sources.
- High brightness (450 cd/m²) and incredible contrast (800:1) Along with 160° horizontal and 150° viewing angles for an arresting viewing experience.
- 8 ms response time Allows pixels to change colors quickly to avoid streaking, blurring and ghosting in fast-moving scenes.
- 3D Y/C digital comb filter Delivers state-of-the-art detail and color enhancement.
- Two 5W stereo speakers With simulated surround sound and a sound leveler deliver a lush soundscape.
- Ultraslim design (3-9/10″ deep) Ideal for wall mounting (with optional mounting kit, not included). VESA compatible.
- 2 HDMI inputs Provide an uncompressed all-digital audio/video link for the highest quality connection and support copy-protected HD broadcast content. I like HDMI cables, but they sure are pricey. Check eBay or some online place for those.
- PC video input Lets you connect your computer to experience high-resolution images. I like this feature too, although I still have never got around to hooking up my laptop…
- Inputs Include 2 composite (1 side, 1 rear), 1 S-video (rear), 1 component video (rear), 2 HDMI (1 side, 1 rear), 1 PC (rear) and 1 RF (rear).
- Outputs Include 1 headphone and 1 audio.
- V-Chip parental controls Give you the option of blocking undesirable material that you don’t want your kids to see.
- ENERGY STAR qualified Designed to use less energy and meets strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the Environmental Protection Agency and U.S. Department of Energy. This means you will be using less energy than CRT Tv’s
- Handy additional features Include trilingual menu options (English, French and Spanish) closed captioning, sleep timer, auto zoom and channel labeling.
Conclusion: Is the Dynex 26″ LCD HDTV DX-L26-10A Worth It?
This is an overall very good tv. Dynex is a good reliable brand, with great picture quality. I am a little reserved about the price. I got the 32″ for 299.99 on sale in December of 2009, and this one is just $20 cheaper than that for roughly 6 inches less of “bang”. So unless you get a real bargain, I would probably spring the extra few dollars and go for the $32 for sure. This TV is far better, however, than the much smaller 19″ LCD or 24″ Dynex models.
The speakers aren’t great, but are OKAY. It has excellent specs and features for a TV of this size. So is it a good tv? Yes. I would personally look for a good sale (or use some of my methods to afford an LCD TV), otherwise you can get a bit of larger screen for just a few more dollars. But yes, this has very good specs, good ratings, and would be worth the investment.