This quiz on grains conversions will test your ability to solve dosage and calculation problems.
Grain conversions are still being taught in some nursing programs, therefore, I wanted to create some practice problems for those students who are still be required to learn how to solve grain drug problems.
Tutorial on Solving for Grains
Note: After you click the submit button, the page will refresh and you will have to scroll down to see your results and what answers you got right/wrong.
Grains Dosage Calculation Practice Problems
1. gr. iss = ? mg
2. 979 mg = ? grains
3. 7 grams = ? grains
4. gr. XV = ? mg
5. gr. X = mg
6. 2 grams = ? grains
7. ¼ gr. = ? mg
8. gr. V = ? grams
9. Doctor orders an oral suspension of Tylenol gr. X every 6 hours as needed for a fever greater than 101.4’ F. You’re supplied with 160mg/mL. How many mL/dose will you administer?
10. Doctor orders Dilaudid 1 mg IV for a one time dose. You’re supplied with a vial that reads 0.5 gr/mL. How many mL will you administer per dose?
11. Doctor orders Westhroid ½ gr. by mouth daily. You’re supplied with 65 mg tablets. How many tablets will you administer per dose?
12. Doctor orders Sodium Bicarbonate gr. XV. You’re supplied with 1 Gram tablets. How many tablets will you administer per dose?
13. Doctor orders Armour Thyroid gr. X by mouth daily. You’re supplied with 300 mg tablets. How many tablets will you administer per dose?
14. Doctor orders Tylenol 1 Gram by mouth every 6 hours as needed for pain. You’re supplied with 5 grains per capsule. How man capsules will you administer per dose?
15. Doctor orders a liquid suspension of Aspirin 180 mg by mouth daily. You’re supplied with Aspirin gr. V per 2 mL. How many mL will you administer per dose?
16. Doctor orders Diazepam 5 mg IV every 6 hours as needed for agitation. You’re supplied with gr. iss/2mL. How many mL will you administer per dose?
17. Doctor orders Morphine 1/8 grains IV every 4 hours as needed for pain. You’re supplied with a vial that says 2 mg/mL. How many mL/dose will you administer?
1. 90 mg
2. 16.3 grains
3. 105 grains
4. 900 mg
5. 600 mg
6. 30 grains
7. 15 mg
8. 0.3 grams
9. 3.75 mL/dose
10. 0.03 mL/dose
11. 0.5 tablet/dose
12. 1 tablet/dose
13. 2 tablets/dose
14. 3 capsules/dose
15. 1.2 mL/dose
16. 0.1 mL/dose
17. 3.75 mL/dose
Don’t forget to tell your friends about this quiz by sharing it your Facebook, Twitter, and other social media. You can also take more fun nursing quizzes.
*Disclaimer: While we do our best to provide students with accurate and in-depth study quizzes, this quiz/test is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Please refer to the latest NCLEX review books for the latest updates in nursing. This quiz is copyright RegisteredNurseRn.com. Please do not copy this quiz directly; however, please feel free to share a link to this page with a friend.