What’s the best digital camera to use for taking pictures of eBay or Amazon product listings? Having a digital camera is one of those tools you must have if you expect to succeed on eBay. You need to be able to show clear pictures of your items, and you need to be able to zoom in. This is especially important to those that sell a lot of miscellaneous merchandise, or used merchandise.
When I first started out on eBay, I had a terrible digital camera. I had received it free from a credit card application I filled out, and it was definitely cheap. It was also at the time when digital cameras were relatively new, and didn’t have all of the fancy high megapixels and zooms.
So needless to say, I am shocked I even sold anything with the fuzzy and dark pictures (it didn’t have a flash either). But eventually I did upgrade to a much better digital camera. So if you are an eBay, you need to find a digital camera that can get the job done!
Digital Camera Features You Want to Have for Your eBay Auction Listings:
When shopping around for a digital camera, you will want a camera that has these main features below:
- Flash-You need a good flash to see items in a dark room or with bad lighting
- Optical Zoom-You may need to zoom in and out to get a good shot of the item. Optical zoom means the lens actually moves in and out and gets a clear picture.
- Digital Zoom-This allows the camera to zoom in digitally
- Macro Mode- This is extremely important. This will allow you to zoom in to see very fine details. My camera can zoom in to see the date on a coin clearly!
- Movie Mode-This is great if you ever want to record short clips of your item or make videos to insert into your listing. Most cameras these days have a built in video mode.
- LCD screen- This allows you to see the picture right after you take it. That way, you can know if you got a good shot.
- High Megapixels- The higher the megapixels, the better the picture. The camera i have is a 7.1 Megapixel camera. It is very good. I would recommend at least 4-5 megapixels if possible. Of course, they go as high as 10-12, and probably even higher as technology continues to increase in development.
If you can get those main features, then the camera will be great for eBay! I strongly recommend you look at the camera yourself to make sure you like how it works and to make sure it has a clear display, a good zoom, etc.
What Kind of Brands Are Good for Digital Cameras? What Digital Camera Do You Use for eBay?
There are some very good brand names on the market. Canon has some great names, and their PowerShot cameras are really good. Nikon has always made great cameras. Kodak is finally catching up as well, but not the best in cameras. Sony makes cameras, and there are several other brands as well. I would recommend sticking to a Nikon or Canon digital camera if possible.
My own digital camera is a black Nikon CoolPix L16. I only paid $99.99 for it! I got a great deal, and it was brand new on the market. It has some great features: 7.1 megapixel, 3x optical zoom, 2.8″ LCD, 21mb internal memory, ISO 1600, 15 modes, Red-Eye Fix, face detection, etc.
If you want a great camera, I can tell you that the Nikon CoolPix L16 has worked great for me. I am sure there are is a new model coming out any time, and there are other great brands as well. This is what my digital camera looks like below: