Vizio has just announced the release of their “Internet Apps LCD HDTV” Series. These TV’s are amazing, and I wanted to review this Vizio 42″ LCD HDTV below. Flat screen televisions are becoming very common in healthcare settings. Many nursing homes, hospitals, and other facilities use them for patients and guests.
Review of Vizio’s 42″ Internet Apps LCD HDTV (Model SV422XVT)
I want to cover all aspects of this TV in this review: Appearance and features/functionality. For a quick summary, this is a very nice TV with robust features, an attractive design, and excellent functionality. Let me explain:
Vizio 42″ LCD HDTV Appearance– The TV itself has a very attractive design. It features a glossy black shell finish, with the speaker rack at the bottom (front). This is a good design, because it projects the sound forward towards you (as opposed to LCD TV’s that have the speakers on the back or side).
It comes with an AWESOME looking bluetooth remote, with a slide out keyboard. This looks very high-tech and sleek, and would look sexy in anyone’s living room or bedroom.
So right off the bat, I like the way this TV looks. It would look perfect in any bedroom, den, living room, etc., even if you never turned it on!
Vizio 42″ LCD HDTV Features– Vizio sure didn’t go “cheap” with the features of this tv. If you are looking for robust features, great connections, and newer technology, then this is your TV. Here is a list of the features of the Vizio SV422XVT:
- 42-inch HDTV featuring 1920 x 1080 pixels and support for 1.06 billion colors. This will give you a crisp and clear display.
- Full 1080P High Definition resolution gives you over 2 million pixels, making the clarity and detail of your picture razor sharp. Perfect to dazzle your friends, and enjoy this quality day after day.
- 240Hz refresh rate delivers 240 scenes per second producing enhanced frame rate and delivering sharper clarity of fast action scenes for blur free images. You want a fast refresh rate for better clarity.
- 178-Degree horizontal viewing angle results in a crisp and clear picture that is easily visible from just about anywhere in the room. Perfect for large areas where people may be seated on the edges or sides of the room.
- Two built-in 15-watt speakers provide room-filling sound. 15 Watt speakers will really give a good loud and crisp (stereo quality) sound. Of course, you could always go for more with surround, but the factory speakers will probably be enough to please the average consumer.
- SRS Audio Technologies: SRS TruVolume evens out dynamics to limit volume inconsistencies between programming. SRS TruSurround HD delivers immersive virtual high-definition surround sound out of the unit’s two speakers.
- Connect to the Internet via integrated Wireless-N Wi-Fi or via the included Ethernet port. This is perhaps my favorite feature of this TV. Easy internet connection, and combine that with the cool apps, and you have a new piece of awesome technology.
- VIZIO Internet Apps (VIA) let you easily connect to the Internet and stream movies and TV shows, listen to music and get the latest news, sports and weather. VIA comes with Amazon Video on Demand, Flickr, Netflix, Rhapsody, Twitter, VUDU and Yahoo TV Widgets pre-loaded on the TV, ready to launch onscreen at the touch of a single button on the remote. You can continually discover and download more apps from other content and service providers by browsing our gallery of apps that is dynamically updated right on your VIZIO HDTV. Wow! Finally, a TV that allows you to watch the shows you want, and surf the web the way you want on YOUR TIME.
- Customized Bluetooth remote with slide out QWERTY keypad enables you to control your TV, even type onscreen, from any spot in the room–all without having to point the remote at the TV. This universal remote also uses infrared to control all of the A/V devices connected to their HDTV, such as DVD and Blu-ray players, VCRs, audio devices, cable and satellite set-top boxes, DVRs, and other components.
- ECO HD exceeds the current Energy Star Guidelines by 50 percent below Energy Star 3.0, saving you money on your utility bills while limiting the impact on our planet. It will also cost much less to run then the CRT old dinosaurs.
- Mercury free display: The display’s backlight is environmentally-friendly due to the fact that LED backlights do not utilize mercury, an environmentally harmful substance.
- Warranty: One year parts and labor; free on-site repair (available for models sized 30 inches and above); free lifetime technical support
- HDMI (with HDCP): 4 (1 side) (you can never have too many)
- Component: 1
- Composite A/V: 1
- S-Video: 1
- RF: 1
- PC input (15-pin, D-Sub): 1
- Digital audio output: 1 optical
- USB: 3 (on the side; for service and future multimedia functionality)
- TV with stand: 39.41 x 27.12 x 9.5 inches (WxHxD); 38.14 pounds
- TV without stand: 39.41 x 25.63 x 3.8 inches (WxHxD); 35.71 pounds
Conclusion: The Vizio 42″ Internet Apps TV (Model SV422XVT) is a Great TV
This LCD HDTV by Vizio is LOADED with features, including the exciting new “internet app” feature. I am so excited about this new technology, that I am considering buying one of these new models (either the 42, 55, or 47 inch), within the next year or so. I would buy one of these now if I didn’t just by my 32″ Dynex LCD HDTV! Oh well, I still like my Dynex too.
The price tag is affordable & reasonable, starting at $949.99 for this model (when released on February 15th, 2010). I am sure prices will come down after a while, and you can probably find ways to afford this TV if you follow my tips. In any event, this is very exciting from Vizio!