This is a comprehensive dosage calculation review for nursing students.
In this review we will start by working basic metric conversions and then progress to solving more complex dosage calculations. You will learn how to work the following drug calculation problems:
- Oral Liquid Medications
- Capsules and Tablets
- IV Boluses
- IV Flow Rates (gtts/min)
- IV Flow Rate (mL/hr)
- IV Flow Rates (Infusion Time)
- Weight-based Medications
- Heparin Dosage based on PTT
- Pediatric Safe Dosages
- IV Drug Reconstitution
- Tube Feedings
- Body Surface Area
Before we start here are somethings to keep in mind:
- Each dosage calculation question we practice has its own comprehensive video that will give you more practice. You can access the individual videos in this playlist and their corresponding quizzes: dosage calculations review
- Take the comprehensive dosage calculation quiz when you’re done with this review.
- I will be using dimensional analysis to solve these problems. In order to easily solve these problems you will need to be familiar with the metric table (found below):
- Always follow your nursing program’s rounding rules because each institution varies.
Lecture on Dosage Calculation Comprehensive Review
Dosage Calculations Nursing Review