Free Virtual 3-D Planetarium and Space Observation Software:
Are you ready for an amazing Virtual 3-D Space/Sky Planetarium software application by Stellarium that can allow you quickly & easily view a realistic looking sky in 3D, just like you would see with your own eyes, or with a pair of binoculars or a telescope? Then this software is for you. Now you can look up the planetary hours, print planetary hours, view phases of the moon, & more.
This is a great software application, and if you are taking an astronomy class in college (many nursing students are required to take sciences), then this may help you in your class as well. This is a very neat planetarium software. Isn’t technology so neat that there is even an app for star observation!
Now you can explore the solar system without the need for expensive telescopes. Instead, view planets, moons, & the universe all from your computer. Just set your coordinates and go explore outer space.
Features of This Amazing Planetarium and Space Software:
- Simple, user-friendly software design
- Easy to Use
- Perfect for exploring the sky from the comfort of your computer
- Excellent learning tool for students or hobbyists
- Explore the Universe, atmosphere, planets & more
- Perfect for scientist, astronomy students, and anyone fascinated in learning about space or astrological topics.
- Default catalogue of over 600,000 stars
- Extra catalogues with more than 210 million stars
- Asterisms and illustrations of the constellations
- Images of nebulae (full Messier catalogue)
- Realistic Milky Way
- Very realistic atmosphere, sunrise and sunset
- The planets and their satellites
- A powerful zoom
- Time control
- Multilingual interface
- Scripting to record and play your own shows
- Fisheye projection for planetarium domes
- Spheric mirror projection for your own dome
- Graphical interface and extensive keyboard control
- Telescope control
- Equatorial and azimuthal grids
- Star twinkling
- Shooting stars
- Eclipse simulation
- Skinnable landscapes, now with spherical panorama projection
- add your own deep sky objects, landscapes, constellation images, scripts…
Screenshot/Picture of Star Observation Software:
System Requirements for Star/Planet Observation Software:
- Approximate Software Size on CD 37 MB
- Runs on Microsoft® Windows (95/98/2000/NT/XP) Note: may also work with newest operating system. Check link below for updates.
- Minimum 256 MB Ram Recommended (more Ram will have better performance)
- A 3D Card with a support for OpenGL (software performance will vary depending on your graphics card).
- A dark room for realistic rendering : Details like the Milky Way or star twinkling can’t be seen very well in a bright room setting.
- Available at Stellarium.org for download