As I mentioned in another post, Vizio has just announced the release of their “Internet Apps LCD HDTV” Series. Out of all of the Vizio LCD Internet Apps line, this 47″ monster is the mid-sized offering. Not that a 47″ is exactly mid-size (let’s face it, that is still a huge TV), but it also boasts LED LCD technology, Internet apps capability, wifi, and so much more. This is truly a masterpiece from Vizio, and is sure to please any who can afford its nearly $1,500 price tag. Check out Amazon.com for Internet app TVs by Vizio for these prices.
Review of Vizio 47″ LED LCD HDTV (Model SV472XVT)
This TV is amazing, and wins in everything from it’s sleek appearance, to it’s massive screen size, to its internet wifi capabilities. If you are considering this LED LCD TV, or find a bargain, this will no doubt leave you a happy camper.
Vizio 47″ LCD LED HDTV Appearance– The TV itself has a very attractive design. It features a glossy black shell finish. It also has the connectivity in the back of the unit (which I always prefer over TV’s with connections on the side for one reason: It hides hte cord mess). It also has the speakers located in a great place. This is a good design, because it projects the sound forward towards you.
It comes with an AWESOME looking bluetooth remote, with a slide out keyboard. This looks very high-tech and sleek, and would look sexy in anyone’s living room or bedroom.
So right off the bat, I like the way this TV looks. It would look perfect in any bedroom, den, living room, etc., even if you never turned it on!
Vizio 47″ LCD HDTV Features– Vizio sure didn’t go “cheap” with the features of this tv. If you are looking for robust features, great connections, and newer technology, then this is your TV. Here is a list of the features of the Vizio SV472XVT:
- 47-inch HDTV featuring 1920 x 1080 pixels and support for 1.06 billion colors. This TV’s display delivers amazing quality, and has gotten excellent reviews for its screen clarity and beauty.
- Full 1080P High Definition resolution gives you over 2 million pixels, making the clarity and detail of your picture razor sharp.
- TruLED direct type, backlit LCD display is comprised of 640 LEDs divided into 80 control blocks and utilizes. LED technology is the new WOW feature for the most stunning appearance.
- Smart Dimming intelligently controls these blocks–turning them on and completely off based on the content you’re watching–which helps stop light leakage enabling you to achieve an amazing 2,000,000:1 contrast ratio for rich, dark scenes.
- 240Hz refresh rate delivers 240 scenes per second producing enhanced frame rate and delivering sharper clarity of fast action scenes for blur free images. Perfect for sports or action fans who watch fast-paced events.
- 178-Degree horizontal viewing angle results in a crisp and clear picture that is easily visible from just about anywhere in the room
- Two built-in 15-watt speakers provide room-filling sound.
- SRS Audio Technologies: SRS TruVolume evens out dynamics to limit volume inconsistencies between programming. SRS TruSurround HD delivers immersive virtual high-definition surround sound out of the unit’s two speakers.
- Connect to the Internet via integrated Wireless-N Wi-Fi or via the included Ethernet port
- VIZIO Internet Apps (VIA) let you easily connect to the Internet and stream movies and TV shows, listen to music and get the latest news, sports and weather. VIA comes with Amazon Video on Demand, Flickr, Netflix, Rhapsody, Twitter, VUDU and Yahoo TV Widgets pre-loaded on the TV, ready to launch onscreen at the touch of a single button on the remote. You can continually discover and download more apps from other content and service providers by browsing our gallery of apps that is dynamically updated right on your VIZIO HDTV.
- Customized Bluetooth remote with slide out QWERTY keypad enables you to control your TV, even type onscreen, from any spot in the room–all without having to point the remote at the TV. This universal remote also uses infrared to control all of the A/V devices connected to their HDTV, such as DVD and Blu-ray players, VCRs, audio devices, cable and satellite set-top boxes, DVRs, and other components.
- ECO HD exceeds the current Energy Star Guidelines by 50 percent below Energy Star 3.0, saving you money on your utility bills while limiting the impact on our planet. It will also cost much less to run then the CRT old dinosaurs.
- Mercury free display: The display’s backlight is environmentally-friendly due to the fact that LED backlights do not utilize mercury, an environmentally harmful substance.
- Warranty: One year parts and labor; free on-site repair (available for models sized 30 inches and above); free lifetime technical support
- HDMI (with HDCP): 4 (1 side)
- Component: 1
- Composite A/V: 1
- S-Video: 1
- RF: 1
- PC input (15-pin, D-Sub): 1
- Digital audio output: 1 optical
- USB: 3 (on the side; for service and future multimedia functionality)
- TV with stand: 43.85 x 29.67 x 10.04 inches (WxHxD); 51.81 pounds
- TV without stand: 43.85 x 28.15 x 4.07 inches (WxHxD); 46.52 pounds
Conclusion: The Vizio 47-inch LED LCD HDTV Delivers Quality Features & Performance
This TV delivers amazing screen clarity, loud sound, an attractive design, and the latest wifi & internet app technology. This series by Vizio has a lot of LED LCD HDTV people excited. This TV has gotten excellent reviews, and is an excellent piece of technology. I would buy one of these now if I didn’t just by my 32″ Dynex LCD HDTV! Oh well, I still like my Dynex too.
The only downside: The pricetag. Not everyone can afford its $1,500 introductory price, but hey, you can always come up with ideas on how to afford your dream LCD HDTV.