The Dynex 22″ Flat LCD HDTV DVD combo from Bestbuy is a nice tv with decent specs. I happen to like the Dynex brand, and I own (and reviewed) the 32″ Dynex LCD HDTV model. I really like their quality, and these flat LCD televisions are becoming common in nurses stations and hospital settings. So if you are wondering if Dynex is a good brand, the answer is YES. But anyway, let us focus on this 22″ television they have.
Is the Dynex 22″ Flat LCD HDTV DX-LDVD22-10A Worth it? My Review
First, this TV generally receives a good rating on BestBuy.com’s website. It seems the majority of people rate it 3-4 stars. So that is good news. In my experience, these ratings tend to be accurate. It usually stay stead at around 4 stars. In my honest opinion, I would only buy this particular model if you can find a great sale on Bestbuy.com (or another site). If you have to pay the full retail price, go for a slightly larger model. Otherwise, this is a very good TV if you have your mind set on this particular model.
Summary of the Pros: This TV has a great picture, sleek look, convenient DVD player built-in, reasonable price (if you look for sales), and very decent specifications for a TV this size.
Summary of the Cons: Some people don’t like the sound output, but I think that can be expected for a TV this size. Some people had issues with constantly having to reset certain picture size each time they turned the tv on and off, but this shouldn’t be too much of an issue. Some people didn’t like picture sizing options, but that shouldn’t be too much of a big deal. the I personally don’t like TV’s this small, but it would work for a small bedroom, kitchen, or other lounge area.
I will include the full specs of this HDTV below, but this area will include my summary and quick review of the product. First, Dynex does make great quality LCD tv’s, very much comparable to a brand such as Samsung.
This TV has a very nice sleek black look, which I love on the Dynex televisions. I think it gives them a very clean and expensive appearance.
The picture on this Dynex TV is very sharp, as are most Dynex TV’s. It has 720p, which is good for this sized tv, and a 60 Hz screen refresh rate as well. Bottom line, the picture quality on this TV is very good. Perhaps not the best made, but very nice for the price.
The speakers are not very loud, but what do you expect on a small TV? Dynex does have better sound systems with their larger TV’s (I know mine will really pump the sound out).
Another thing, this does have a built in DVD player, which could be good or bad. It could be good if you don’t have a DVD player and like the built-in ones. Personally, I don’t like this feature. It makes the TV’s costs higher, and I usually already have a DVD player (and if not, they are cheap). Also, if the DVD player ever tore up, then you have a big problem…
It has the built in HDTV tuner, so that is cool that you can pick up any HDTV signals…just attach an antenna, and you are good to go. This TV also has ample inputs for your HDMI, A/V, and all of those fancy connection types. This should satisfy the average consumer (or even the slightly advanced ones).
How Are the Specifications of the Dynex LCD HDTV DX-LDVD22-10A?
The specifications and features for this LCD HDTV are listed below:
This HDTV features wide 176° horizontal and vertical viewing angles and a clear 1366 x 768 resolution for a cinema-style viewing experience. The 6.5 ms response time helps ensure smooth picture transitions during fast-action scenes. This is a nice feature that most Dynex TV’s have.
Accessories Included with the Dynex LCD HDTV DX-LDVD22-10A
- Dynex® 22″ Class / 720p / 60Hz / LCD HDTV
- Tabletop tilting stand (That is nice so you can adjust the viewing angle)
- Remote with 2 AAA batteries (I really like Dynex remotes too)
- Owner’s manual
- Of course, the DVD player is built-in too
Advertised Product Features
- 21-3/5 ” screen measured diagonally from corner to corner This is a small screen size, and I would only recommend this for a bedroom or spare room. If you want this in your living room, then I would defnitely get at least a 32″. But this size would be okay if you don’t mind the smallness.
- Wide XGA (1366 x 768 pixels) resolution Supports 720p signals for stunning image clarity, and Dynex TV’s do have very good clarity! That is a fact.
- Built-in HDTV tuner Add HD-capable antenna to receive over-the-air high-definition broadcasts, where available. Optional set-top box required for high-definition cable or satellite programming. I hooked mine up to a simple RCA “rabbit ears” antenna. It gets several channels and even some HDTV ones…FREE (and legally).
- ENERGY STAR qualified Designed to use less energy and meets strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the Environmental Protection Agency and U.S. Department of Energy. This helps save on the old electric bill. LCD generally tend to use less energy than CRT Tv’s.
- HDMI input Provides an uncompressed all-digital audio/video link for the highest quality connection and supports copy-protected HD broadcast content. Just don’t buy the HDMI cables at retail price–those things are pricey! Ebay those…
- PC video input Lets you connect your computer to experience high-resolution images. This is nice, since this TV is comparable to most PC screens anyway.
- Inputs Include 1 composite video (rear), 1 S-video (rear), 1 component video (rear), 1 HDMI (rear), 1 PC (rear) and 1 RF (rear).
- Outputs Include 1 headphone jack.
- 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio Delivers a cinema-style entertainment experience.
- 3:2 pulldown For accurate reproduction of film-based sources.
- 2 built-in 3W stereo speakers With a sound leveler for crisp, clear audio
- High brightness (350 cd/m²) and incredible contrast (800:1) This is OKAY for a TV this size.
- Wide 170° horizontal and 160° vertical viewing angles Make every seat the best in the house.
- 3D Y/C digital comb filter Delivers state-of-the-art detail and color enhancement.
- Ultraslim design (3-2/7″ deep) Ideal for wall mounting (with optional mounting kit, not included). VESA compatible. Personally, I prefer to use the stands rather than mount, but hey, you can mount if you want.
- V-Chip parental controls Give you the option of blocking undesirable material that you don’t want your kids to see.
- Handy additional features Include quadrilingual (English, French, Spanish and Mandarin) on-screen menus, closed captioning and sleep timer.
Conclusion: Is the Dynex 22″ LCD HDTV DVD Combo (Model DX-LDVD22-10A) Worth It?
This is an overall good Flat Screen LCD HDTV, but ONLY if you get a great sale. If you have to pay full price, I would edge up to maybe their 24″ model, or even better the 32″ Dynex model. Dynex is a good reliable brand, with great picture quality. This particular model is small, and I would only use it in a small room, kitchen, or extra area. I wouldn’t use it as my main TV. The DVD player can be a pro or con depending on how you look at it.
The speakers aren’t great, but are OKAY. It has excellent specs and features for a TV of this size. So is it a good tv? Yes. I would personally look for a good sale, and only use it for a spare room. But yes, this has very good specs, good ratings, and would be worth the investment.