The Dynex 19″ Flat LCD HDTV from Bestbuy is a nice tv with moderate features. I happen to like the Dynex brand, and I own (and reviewed) the 32″ Dynex LCD HDTV model. I really like their quality. I’ve mentioned before that flat screen tv’s are becoming popular in nursing settings due to their thin size. So if you are wondering if Dynex is a good brand, the answer is YES. But anyway, let us focus on this 19″ television they have.
Is the Dynex 19″ Flat LCD HDTV (DX-L19-10A) Worth it? My Review
First, this TV generally receives a good rating on BestBuy.com’s website. It seems the majority of people rate it 4-5 stars. So that is good news. In my experience, these ratings tend to be accurate. The rating the last time I checked was around 4.2. So that is very good.
I wouldn’t buy this TV at full retail price, period. Don’t get me wrong, this is a pretty good 19 inch tv. But at the regular retail price, it isn’t a very good buy. You can usually shell out about $20-50 more and get a much larger screen. So unless you want this specific TV, I would maybe consider going for the Dynex 24“, or even better, the 32″ Dynex.
Summary of the Pros: This TV has a great picture, sleek look, and very decent specifications for a TV this size.
Summary of the Cons: Most people complained about the sound output, but I think it is reasonable for a TV this size. Most small TV’s of this size do not have loud sound. Some people had issues with constantly having to reset or adjust the color contrast, but were able to finally get a great picture. I personally don’t like TV’s this small, but it would work for a small bedroom, kitchen, or other lounge area.
I will include the full specs of this HDTV below, but this area will include my summary and quick review of the product. First, Dynex does make great quality LCD tv’s, very much comparable to a brand such as Samsung.
This TV has a very nice sleek black look, which I love on the Dynex televisions. I think it gives them a very clean and expensive appearance.
The picture on this Dynex TV is very sharp, as are most Dynex TV’s. It has 720p, which is good for this sized tv, and a 60 Hz screen refresh rate as well. Bottom line, the picture quality on this TV is very good. Perhaps not the best made, but very nice for the price.
The speakers are not very loud, but what do you expect on a small TV? Dynex does have better sound systems with their larger TV’s (I know mine will really pump the sound out). But if you get anything below a 32″ LCD HDTV, expect that the sound isn’t going to blow you away.
It has the built in HDTV tuner, so that is cool that you can pick up any HDTV signals…just attach an antenna, and you are good to go. This TV also has ample inputs for your HDMI, A/V, and all of those fancy connection types. This should satisfy the average consumer (or even the slightly advanced ones).
How Are the Specifications of the Dynex LCD HDTV DX-L19-10A?
The specifications and features for this LCD HDTV are listed below:
This HDTV features wide 176° horizontal and vertical viewing angles and a clear 1366 x 768 resolution for a cinema-style viewing experience. The 6.5 ms response time helps ensure smooth picture transitions during fast-action scenes. This is a nice feature that most Dynex TV’s have.
Accessories Included with the Dynex LCD HDTV DX-L19-10A
- Dynex® 19″ Class / 720p / 60Hz / LCD HDTV
- Tabletop tilting stand (That is nice so you can adjust the viewing angle)
- Remote with 2 AAA batteries (I really like Dynex remotes too)
- Owner’s manual
- Massive Box (have fun lugging that thing around)
Advertised Product Features for Dynex 19″ LCD HDTV
- Built-in HDTV tuner Add HD-capable antenna to receive over-the-air high-definition broadcasts, where available. Optional set-top box required for high-definition cable or satellite programming. I use this feature all the time. Just hook any rabbit ears or antenna in, and off you go with FREE HDTV signals…
- 18-1/2″ screen measured diagonally from corner to corner Small, but decent for the kitchen or small bedroom. Not ideal for a living room or large room.
- 1366 x 768 pixel resolution Supports 720p signals for stunning image clarity.
- 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio Delivers a cinema-style entertainment experience.
- 3:2 inverse pulldown For accurate reproduction of film-based sources.
- High brightness (250 cd/m²) and incredible contrast (1000:1) They do have very nice contrast and pictures.
- 5 ms response time Allows pixels to change colors quickly to avoid streaking, blurring and ghosting in fast-moving scenes.
- Wide 170° horizontal and 160° vertical viewing angles Make every seat the best in the house.
- 3D Y/C digital comb filter Delivers state-of-the-art detail and color enhancement.
- Two 3W stereo speakers With simulated surround sound and a sound leveler delivers a lush soundscape.
- Ultraslim design (3-1/9″ deep) Ideal for wall mounting (with optional mounting kit, not included). VESA compatible.
- HDMI input Provides an uncompressed all-digital audio/video link for the highest quality connection and supports copy-protected HD broadcast content.
- PC video input Lets you connect your computer to experience high-resolution images.
- Inputs Include 2 composite (1 side, 1 rear), 1 S-video (rear), 1 component video (rear), 1 HDMI (rear), 1 PC (rear) and 1 RF (rear).
- Outputs Include 1 headphone.
- V-Chip parental controls Give you the option of blocking undesirable material that you don’t want your kids to see.
- ENERGY STAR qualified Designed to use less energy and meets strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the Environmental Protection Agency and U.S. Department of Energy. This helps save on the old electric bill. LCD generally tend to use less energy than CRT Tv’s
- Handy additional features Include trilingual menu options (English, French and Spanish) closed captioning, sleep timer, auto zoom and channel labeling
Conclusion: Is the Dynex 19″ LCD HDTV DX-L19-10A Worth It?
This is an overall good tv, but probably isn’t going to be a smart purchase if you pay the full retail price. Dynex is a good reliable brand, with great picture quality. This particular model is small, and I would only use it in a small room, kitchen, or extra area. I wouldn’t use it as my main TV. If you can find a good sale, and want this for a spare room, get this TV. Just understand that the speakers are going to blow you away.
So is it a good tv? Yes. I would personally look for a good sale, and only use it for a spare room. But yes, this has very good specs, good ratings, and would be worth the investment if, and only if, you want a tv this size, and are willing to have speakers that are mediocre.