What nursing personality type are you? Find out below using our free personality quizzes/tests. You can discover what your 4 letter personality type is, and what areas of nursing you may enjoy.
We all have different personality types. Some of us are introverts, whereas others are extroverts. Some of us are sensing, while others are more intuitive. Some of us have a judging type, while others are perceivers. Some of us are thinkers, while still others are feelers.
It can be a great asset to know what type of personality you are, as this can help you learn your strengths and weaknesses on the job (and in life). You can learn more about yourself, and you can use that knowledge to your advantage.
When you discover your characteristics for all of those types, you come up with a 4 letter personality type.
Four Letter Personality Quizzes
To discover your four letter personality type, you’ll need to find out which of the main 4 characteristics you have. Start with the quizzes below, then come back to this page to learn more about your type and how it may affect your career in nursing.
- Introvert vs. Extrovert Quiz — When you take this quiz, you’ll discover your first personalilty characteristics (I for introvert or E for extrovert). This will make up the first letter of your four letter personality type. See the video presentation on introverts vs. extroverts.
- Intuitive vs. Sensing Quiz — Are you intuitive or sensing? This is the second major personality type characterstic. Once you take this quiz, you’ll know the second letter of your four letter personality type (N for intuitive or S for sensing). See the video presentation for Sensing vs. Intuitive.
- Thinking vs. Feeling Quiz — Are you a thinker or a feeler? When you complete this quiz, you’ll have the third letter of your four letter personality type (T for thinking or F for feeling). See the video for Thinking vs. Feeling.
- Judging vs. Perceiving Quiz — This last quiz will help you determine whether your are a judger or perceiver. This will make up the last letter of your four letter personality type. See the video for the Judging vs. Perceiving type for more information.
As a side note, we also have a lot of other fun quizzes for nursing students or nurses!
What Nursing Personality Type are Your?
Once you take all four quizzes above, you can then learn more about your exact nursing personality type and how it may affect your career as a nurse. For example, if you take the quizzes above and get Extrovert (E), Sensing (S), Thinking (T), and Judging (J), that means you are an ESTJ personality type.
Once you take all four quizzes above, come back to this page and click your personality type below. You’ll learn some potential areas of nursing that may suit you better, and you’ll also learn more about yourself.
16 Personality Types in Nursing:
Choose your four letter type below. For ease in finding it, we’ve separated the introverted types from the extroverted types.
The Introverted Types:
- INTJ: Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging (see INTJ videos)
- ISTJ: Introverted, Sensing, Thinking, Judging
- INFJ: Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Judging (INFJ video)
- ISFJ: Introverted, Sensing, Feeling, Judging
- INTP: Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Perceiving (see INTP vs INTJ video)
- INFP: Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Perceiving (video on the INFP)
- ISTP: Introverted, Sensing, Thinking, Perceiving
- ISFP: Introverted, Sensing, Feeling, Perceiving
The Extroverted Types:
- ESTP: Extroverted, Sensing, Thinking, Perceiving
- ESTJ: Extroverted, Sensing, Thinking, Judging
- ESFP: Extroverted, Sensing, Feeling, Perceiving
- ESFJ: Extroverted, Sensing, Feeling, Judging
- ENFP: Extroverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Perceiving
- ENFJ: Extroverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Judging
- ENTP: Extroveted, Intuitive, Thinking, Perceiving
- ENTJ: Extroverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging (ENTJ video)
Don’t forget to share this page with your friends, students, and others to see what their personality type is!