Nursing jobs are in very high demand and many registered nurse jobs are available for RNs. The job search for registered nursing is easier than any other profession because more jobs are available. Nursing is one of the most rapidly growing professions and has been for a long time.
The demand for nurses continues to grow and will continue for the years ahead. Before a nurse applies for a job they must have their nursing portfolio and resume completed. These are tools used by employers to help them decide on which applicants they should hired.
This page will include some information in nursing jobs and specialties, as well as a job search database. For more information, please visit our Nursing Job Resources section.
Registered Nurse Job Outlook
There is always a nursing shortage but in the next upcoming years the nursing shortage is expected to be greater than ever. According to the US Labor Department, in the years between 2008-2018 the nursing field is expected to need about 582,000 more positions, which is more than any other professional field. One of the many reasons for this is due to the fact that the intensity of nursing care is expected to increase which means more nurses are needed for patients. Nursing salaries are also competitive, so it pays to be a nurse!
Nursing Job Opportunities
Registered Nurses have many types of job opportunities. Nurses are not just limited to bedside nursing but can usually find jobs in places other than hospitals. Nurses are also in demand at schools, clinics, physicians offices, jails, home health agencies, travelling agencies, consultation offices, and outpatient facilities.
Therefore, an RN is not limited to working in a hospital. This is one of the reasons why becoming an registered nurses is so appealing. The job opportunities are endless along with the types of nursing specialties a nurse can choose to go into.
Search for jobs using the job search tool in our sidebar, powered by Indeed.
Nursing Job Specialites
Nurses also have a wide variety of specialities they can enter. A nursing speciality is a field of nursing that specializes in a certain medical area. For example, there are nurses who specialize in cardiac nursing.
These nurses are very knowledgeable about how to take care of patients who have heart diseases such as congestive heart failure, coronary artery disease, arrhythmias etc.
Some Nursing Job Specialities Include:
- Neonatal Nurse | What is a Neonatal Nurse?
- Travel Nursing | What is a Travel Nurse?
- Pediatric Nurse | How to Become a Pediatric Nurse
- Forensic Nursing | What is Forensic Nursing?
- Public Health Nurse | What is Public Health Nursing?
- Perioperative Nursing | How to Become a Surgical Nurse
- Critical Care Nursing | ICU Nurse Job Description
- Labor and Delivery Nurse | How to Become a Labor and Delivery Nurse
- School Nurse | School Nurse Job Description
- Nursing Informatics | What is Nursing Informatics?
- Wound Care Nurse | Certified Wound Care Nurse Job Description
- Psychiatric Nurse | How to Become a Psychiatric Nurse
- Flight Nurse | How to Become a Flight Nurse
- Oncology Nurse | What is Oncology Nursing?
- Correctional Nursing | How to Become a Prison Nurse
- Clinical Nurse Specialist | What is a Clinical Nurse Specialist?
- Case Manager | Nurse Case Manager Job Description
- NICU Nurse | NICU Nurse Job Description
- ER Nurse | How to Become an Emergency Room RN and ER Nurse Job Description
- Home Health Nursing | Home Health Nurse Job Description
- Ambulatory Care Nursing | What is Ambulatory Care Nursing?
- Parish Nursing | Parish Nurse Job Description
- Geriatric Nursing | How to Become a Geriatric Nurse
- Dialysis Nurse | How to Become a Dialysis Nurse
- Cardiac Nursing | How to Become a Cardiac Nurse
- Legal Nurse Consultant | How to Become a Certified Legal Nurse Consultant
- Camp Nurse | What is Camp Nursing?
- Nurse Educator | How to Become a Certified Nurse Educator
- Trauma Nurse | How to Become a Trauma Nurse
- Private Duty Nursing | Private Duty Nurse Job Description
On the other hand, there are nurses who specialize in forensic nursing. These nurses are experts in taking care of patients who have been sexually assaulted etc. Many nurses who enter into a certain job speciality go on and receive certification for their speciality. This in turn leads to a higher nursing salary.
Need Help Finding a Job or Preparing a Resume?
Are you about to graduate from nursing school and need help with the job search process? Or maybe you already work as a nurse, and you’d like some stunning resume templates and a short guide to help you make the most of your job search. If so, you’ll want to check out this new guide by S.L. Page titled, “Nursing Resume: A Job Guide for Nurses.”
This short eBook is designed to guide you through the job search process, and gives tips on everything from creating a resume, how to conduct yourself in an interview, how to resign your current job, and more.
You’ll even receive some beautifully designed resume and cover letters. Click the eBook to learn more.