This is a great question that many people who are new to eBay and Paypal often ask. Here is the question below:
I have never bought anything nursing supplies on ebay, but I really want to. I am just kind of skeptical about it and was wondering if you have had positive experiences than negative. Explain your situation. Are textbooks or nursing supples cheaper? Thanks!
Buying & Selling Nursing Supplies on eBay
1. Read the listing with a magnifying glass! That is right. Sellers may try to put loads of text in there and then at the bottom say, “By the way this is broken.” (Extreme example). But the point is know fully what the item is, the condition, and ask any questions before buying. So it is vital that you read each individual listing, and read it well.
2. Check feedback! Make sure they have been on eBay a while, and make sure they have good feedback. Read their shipping policy, etc. to make sure that you want to do business with the seller. It’s always a good idea to go with a seller with proven feedback reputation.
3. Use a CREDIT CARD when paying through paypal ONLY! Here is why: When you check out, paypal gives you the option to deduct the money from your paypal account, or select another funding source (checking account/credit card, etc.). Select your credit card. That way, if the buyer turned out to be a scammer and never send the merchandise, you can call your credit card company and file a fraud charge and chargeback the amount. Of course, only do that if you really got scammed. Also, you can always use a prepaid credit card if you feel unsafe or unsure.
4. Make sure your address is up-to-date with paypal/ebay before buying. Sometimes people move and the items get shipped to their old address because they forgot to change it. So if you plan on buying, always enter your address and contact information very carefully and double check it.
5. If you have a problem, be nice and contact the seller and explain. Some sellers have “all sales are final” listings and don’t take returns. Others may have a return policy. Again, research what you are going to buy so you know what you get, the seller’s policy, and all of that.
Follow those tips, and you should have a pretty good experience overall. You can find some good bargains many times.
How Do I Find Sellers That Accept Money Orders on eBay?
This is a great question I recently received:
I’m buying on eBay and I want to buy an item using a money order. How do I easily find items that accept money orders?
Unfortunately, you can’t. I know that sounds crazy, but eBay announced a new policy in November regarding “paper payments.” Sellers now can no longer advertise paper payments in their listings.
In summary, sellers can no longer accept paper payments (cash/money orders) on eBay. It is against their rules. Sellers can only accept paypal, and other credit card/electronic payments only. I suppose eBay is doing this to prevent fraud from sellers getting payments and then never shipping the merchandise. But it seems a little to big-brotherish to me!
I know, silly move on eBay’s part, huh? I guess because a few bad sellers were ripping off buyers and never sending the merchandise after receiving payment does hurt buyer confidence. But they shouldn’t punish the honest sellers for the dishonest seller scams. Maybe they will eventually remove this policy restriction, when they are about to go out of business!