It is very important to make your website user-friendly. After all, you are developing your website for other people to look at right? So why not make it easy on them. In addition, your website or blogs page loading time is now a factor that search engines consider when ranking websites. So increasing your website speed is not only a great way to make your visitors happy, but also a potential way to increase your search rank.
Making your website user-friendly & fast loading is simple. Just follow these basic tips, and you can rest assured that your site will be easy to browse.
How to Speed Up Your Website or Blog
1. Write in a text that is easy to read! Avoid using text that is too small, a light color, or in a strange style. Stick to the basics & use only easy-to-read text on your content pages.
2. Make your website easy to navigate. You should have a basic structure that is easy to follow. Use plenty of links to other pages as well as to outside resources. This makes it easy for your viewers to surf from one page to another!
3. Break up large paragraphs into smaller paragraphs. This makes it much easier for the eyes to focus on.
4. Use background colors that are easy on the eyes. Darker colors usually reduce eye strain.
5. Try not to make your website too “busy.” In other words, don’t have 50 million things on the site. This makes it hard to focus in on one area, and can be confusing!
6. Follow the tips below to ensure your site loads as quickly as possible. After all, not everyone has high-speed internet (there are many still with dial-up). You should make sure you site loads in a reasonable time for ALL users.
Tips To Make Your Website Load Faster
1. Do not use Java, Flash, or any other fancy features unless you absolutely need to. This can slow your website down & make the pages load at a slower rate.
2. If you use tables to design your web pages, use multiple tables instead of one large table. This way, each table can load as your browser reads it instead of your browser having to load one entire table.
3. Although animations, marquees, pictures, videos, and other neat features can make a site more attractive, you should minimize use of these items. Too many features and animations can make for a slow loading site.
4. Don’t put too much content on one page. Instead, break it down into 2 or 3 pages if necessary and place a link on each page. This will make the individual pages load faster.
5. Try to use the same basic outline or layout for each page. This way, the browser can cache many of the images and colors, which will make the next pages load faster.
6. Delete any unnecessary HTML codes from your pages. Sometimes, you may need to read over your editor to make sure it didn’t place code that shouldn’t be there.
7. Excessive use of advertising links, images, etc will almost always slow down a site. Minimize any of these features to make your site load quicker.
If you follow these basic tips you should have an easy-to-use website that loads quickly for your visitors!