Free File Encryption and Folder/Data Protection Software AxCrypt:
This free software application that can allow you quickly & easily encrypt, compress, and secure your files to help protect your personal privacy & security. Now you can encrypt or decrypt your files with just a few clicks of the mouse.
If you have files that need to be protected, or want to keep your personal files safe, then this program works great. It is works perfectly with Microsoft Windows (see below for complete specifications). Do you exchange your own copyrighted information, work on high security nursing projects, or have files that are personal & you want to help secure & encrypt them? If so, this software is the perfect tool.
One of the important aspects into the future of nursing will be patient security. Not only do patients need to be protected physically, but also their personal data and details will need to be protected in today’s digital world. If you are a travel nurse, nursing teacher, or keep any files of your staff, patients, or clients on your personal computer, it is important to have that information encrypted and protected in the event of a hacker.
This software works on a file-by-file basis, so you can safely and easily send encrypted files to other users via e-mail or any other means, you can even make self-decrypting files so the recipient does not need this program installed to decrypt. This is great to help secure any files that need to be protected.
All you need to do is simple right click on the file you want to encrypt or decrypt and select from the menu to choose what you want to do. If you right click on a folder you can encrypt each individual file in that folder. Or you can simply shed and delete documents with this program. You can Double-click to automatically decrypt and open documents.
It supports multiple languages: English, Danish, Swedish, German, Dutch, Hungarian, Spanish, French, Italian and Norwegian language.
It has even successfully completed the Microsoft Platform Test for ISV Solutions at VeriTest, passing the requirements (PDF) for Windows Client/Office compatibility. Testing was conducted independently by VeriTest, a testing service of Lionbridge Technologies.
Features of This Amazing File Protection/Encryption Software:
- Double-click to edit/view with any application.
- Automatic re-encryption after modification.
- Absolutely no user configuration necessary or possible before use.
- Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista compatible.
- AES encryption with 128-bit keys.
- Edit an encrypted document directly with double-click.
- Optional pass phrase cache – type pass phrases once per logon and/or reboot.
- Automatic pass phrase validation before decryption or editing.
- Key-File generation and support. Store strong keys on removable USB-devices
- No options or user interface – easy to install and use.
- Relatively light-weight, less than 2 Mb download.
- Huge file support > 4GB
- Dynamic brute force counter measure – iterative key wrapping.
- Integrates well with web based file sharing services. • Selective compression before encryption – faster downloads/uploads.
- Retains original file name and information of an encrypted file.
- Integrated shredder.
- Shredding of all temporary and encrypted plaintext files.
- Secure memory handling – no keys or data in the paging file.
- Industry standard algorithms.
- Data integrity verification – no undetected modification.
- Unique data encryption keys used for every file and (re-)encryption.
- Polyglot – currently speaks English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Hungarian and Swedish.
- Open source – no backdoors.
The software design is very simple & easy to use. This makes it great for quick & easy encryptions to secure your personal or professional files.
Screenshot/Picture of File Encryption Software:
System Requirements for File Protection/Encrypting Software:
- Software Download Size 1-2 MB
- Runs on Microsoft(R) Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista (may work with newer systems, see link below for latest requirments)
- Minimum 128 MB Ram
- Available for download at Axantum.com/AxCrypt/