Free Flight Simulator Airplane/Pilot Simulation Computer Software Game:
This is free airplane flight simulator software for download. Are you ready to for an amazing flight experience? This is a great game to play to pass the time as a nursing student. Especially if you plan on being a flight nurse. With this game, you can buckle up & prepare for takeoff! This Airplane flight simulator computer game has incredible graphics for an amazing gaming experience. You can now take control of the world’s top airplanes & fly to nearly 20,000 airports.
These planes realistically model real world instrument behavior. Instruments that lag in real life, lag correctly in this game, gyro drift is modeled correctly, the magnetic compass is subject to aircraft body forces — all those things that make real world flying a challenge.
All aircraft can have fully 3d, fully animated, fully clickable/interactive cockpits
3D visualization of the Class C and Class D airspaces over certain regions!
CONCORDE, 747, 777, F16, SPITFIRE & MANY MORE PLANES
Download Free Flight Simulator Software
Here are Some of the Amazing Features of This Powerful Flight Simulator Software:
- Over 20,000 real world airports included in the full scenery set.
- Correct runway markings and placement, correct runway and approach lighting.
- Taxiways available for many larger airports (even including the green center line lights when appropriate.)
- Sloping runways (runways change elevation like they usually do in real life.)
- Directional airport lighting that smoothly changes intensity as your relative view direction changes.
- World scenery fits on 3 DVD’s. (I’m not sure that’s a feature or a problem!) But it means we have pretty detailed coverage of the entire world.
- Accurate terrain worldwide, based on the most recently released SRTM terrain data.) 3 arc second resolution (about 90m post spacing) for North and South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and Australia
- Scenery includes all vmap0 lakes, rivers, roads, railroads, cities, towns, land cover, etc.
- Nice scenery night lighting with ground lighting concentrated in urban areas (based on real maps) and headlights visible on major highways. This allows for realistic night VFR flying with the ability to spot towns and cities and follow roads.
- Scenery tiles are paged (loaded/unloaded) in a separate thread to minimize the frame rate hit when you need to load new areas.
Screenshot/Pictures of Flight Simulator in Action:
System Requirements for FlightGear Flight Simulator:
- Universal binary package
- PowerPC G4 or later (G5 2GHz or greater would be nice) or Intel Macs (2GHz or greater would be nice).
- Powerful GPU (must-have item)
- Mac OS X 10.4.x (Tiger) or later. (works on 10.5, and possibly newer versions)
- Ruby1.8.2 or later (OS X 10.4.x has 1.8.2, and 10.5 has 1.8.6 by default)
- RubyCocoa version 0.12 (or 1.0.0) or later (The binary package contains pre-compiled universal binary version of RubyCocoa.framework, so you don’t have to download it yourself).
- Runs on Microsoft Windows 95/98/2000/XP/NT/Vista/Windows 7 (possibly newer versions–check link below)
- 512 MB Ram Minimum Recommended (more Ram will give better performance)
- In addition, a Good Graphics card for best performance should be used. A good graphics card will reduce jerky screens & make for a smooth flying experience.
- Also, this requires about 200 MB free disk space.
The name of this program is FlightGear, and you can download it by visiting flightgear.org.