Free 3-D Modeling, Rendering, Design, Animation Software by Blender:
Do you want an amazing software package that can be used to create 3-D animations, graphics, & much more? This software is a fully functional integrated, motion enabled, 3D creation software suite used by some of the top design professionals in the world to produce 3D modeling, high quality animation, rendering, post-production, interactive creation and playback, and read-time 3D/game creation.
It lets users create high quality 3D graphics, movies, and replay real-time interactive 3D content. Over the last decade, Blender has evolved as an in-house tool for a leading European animation studio. Blender is powerful technology used for creating broadcast quality 3D content.
Blender Can Read / Write TGA, JPG, PNG, Iris, SGI Movie, IFF, AVI and Quicktime GIF, TIFF, PSD, MOV (Windows and Mac OS X), create stand-alone executables containing interactive 3D content or play back with the 3d web browser plugin, and has Native import and export for DXF, Inventor and VRML files. It also extensibility through python scripts making available many other 3D formats.
Just see for yourself in the videos & pictures below the amazing capabilities of this powerful software application.
- Revolutionary non-overlapping and non-blocking UI delivers unsurpassed workflow
- Flexible and fully configurable window layout with as many screen setups as you prefer
- Undo support on all levels
- Anti-aliased fonts with international translation support
- Windows for animation curves/keys, outliner, schematic scene diagram, generic node editing system, non-linear video sequence editing, character animation action editor, non-linear animation mixer, image/UV editing, file/image selection and file management
- Built-in text editor for annotations and editing Python scripts
- Graphical user interface for Python scripts
- Custom themes
- Consistent interface across all platforms
- Fast skeleton creation mode
- Interactive 3D paint for vertex weighting
- Fast envelope based skinning
- Mirror editing (bone creation and weight painting)
- Bone layers for better rig organization
- B-splines interpolated bones
- Constraint stack for IK solver setup and other constraints
- Armature (skeleton) deformation with forward/inverse kinematics
- Auto IK allows posing FK chains easily
- Non-linear animation editor for mixing individual actions created in Action editor
- Automated walkcycles along paths
- Animated constraint system
- Vertex key framing for morphing, with controlling sliders
- Edit and create new blendshapes from existing targets
- Character animation pose editor
- Animated deformers (Lattice, Curve)
- ‘Ipo’ system integrates both motion curve and traditional key-frame editing
- Audio playback, mixing and editing support for sound synchronisation
- Timeline offers fast acces to many playback functions, autokey, help markers
- Python scripting access for custom and procedural animation effects
- Conformal and Angle Based unwrapping methods
- Interactive transform of UV maps by vertex pinning
- Proportional falloff editing of UV maps for smooth transformations
- Seam based unwrapping
- Cube, Cylinder, Sphere, View projections
- Catmull-Clark subdivition of UVs for less distortion
- Minimize stretch tool allows to reduce area distortion
- Multiple UV layers
Physics & Particles:
- Particle system can be atached to any mesh object. Control methods include weight painting, textures, curve guides, wind and vortex effects. Particles can be deflected by moving geometry
- Hair strands can be created by a static particle system, supporting all particle control methods
- Fluid simulator with fully animated inflow, outflow, obstacle and fluid objects. Gravity and viscosity settings can also be animated. Supports vector blur and is integrated with the particle system
- Realtime soft body solver integrated in mesh, lattice, curve and text objects. Supports collision detection and particle field effects like Wind or Vortex, soft bodys can also be baked for faster playback/rendering
- Game engine rigid body physics can be easily baked into animation curves
Real-time 3-D Game Creation:
- Graphical logic editor for defining interactive behavior without programming
- Collision detection and dynamics simulation now support Bullet Physics Library. Bullet is an open source collision detection and rigid body dynamics library developed for Play Station 3
- Shape types: Convex polyhedron, box, sphere, cone, cylinder, capsule, compound, and static triangle mesh with auto deactivation mode
- Discrete collision detection for RigidBody simulation
- Support for in-game activation of dynamic constraints
- Full support for vehicle dynamics, including spring reactions, stiffness, damping, tyre friction etc
- Python scripting API for sophisticated control and AI, fully defined advanced game logic
- Support all OpenGLTM lighting modes, including transparencies, Animated and reflection-mapped textures
- Support for multimaterials, multitexture and texture blending modes, per-pixel lighting, dynamic lighting, mapping modes, GLSL vertexPaint texture blending, toon shading, animated materials, support for Normal Maping and Parallax Mapping
- Playback of games and interactive 3D content without compiling or preprocessing
- Audio, using the SDL toolkit
- Multi-layering of Scenes for overlay interfaces
- A range of 3D object types including polygon meshes, NURBS surfaces, bezier and B-spline curves, metaballs, vector fonts (TrueType, PostScript, OpenType)
- Very fast Catmull-Clark subdivision surfaces with optimal iso-lines display and sharpness editing
- Full multiresolution sculpting capabilities with 2D bitmap/3D procedural brushes (Paint, Smooth, Pinch, Inflate, Grab) supporting symmetry
- Modifier stack deformers such as Lattice, Curve, Armature or Displace
- Mirror modifier with middle vertices clipping and automatic deletion of inner faces
- Non destructive real time Boolean and Array modifiers
- Mesh modeling based on vertex, edge and/or face selection
- Smooth soft selection editing tools for organic modeling
- Python scripting access for custom tools
- Very fast inbuilt raytracer
- Oversampling, motion blur, post-production effects, fields, non-square pixels
- Tile-based and fully threaded
- Render layers and passes
- Render baking to UV maps (full render, ambient occlusion, normals, textures)
- Render engine tightly integrated with the node compositor
- Halo, lens flares and fog effects
- Vector motion-blur post-process effect (using node compositor)
- Realistic defocus (DOF) post-process effect (using node compositor)
- Edge rendering for toon shading
- Interactive preview rendering panel in any 3d view
- Ambient Occlusion
- Radiosity solver
- Integral support for the Yafray render engine
- Export scripts available for external renderers such as Renderman (RIB), Mental Ray, Povray, Virtualight, Indigo
- Diffuse shaders such as Lambert, Minnaert, Toon, Oren-Nayar, Lambert
- Specular shaders such as WardIso, Toon, Blinn, Phong, CookTorr
- Node editor for creating and mixing complex materials
- Material previews rendered by main render engine
- Tangent shading to give any shader an anisotropic effect
- Versatile procedural textures system
- Reflection maps
- Normal, displacement and bump maps
Imaging & Compositing:
- Compositor tightly integrated and aligned with the rendering pipeline
- MultiLayer OpenEXR files allow to store and reuse raw renderlayer and passes data
- Complete list of composite node filters, convertors, color and vector operators and mixers including Chroma Key, Blur, RGB Curves, Z Combine, Color Ramp
- Preview panel to define the portion of interest. A composite then only happens on this part
- Threaded and memory efficient (up to 8 processors)
- Near realtime sequencer can edit hours of video
- Waveform and U/V scatter plots
- Open and write many audio & video file formats using ffmpeg(linux only at the moment, FFMPEG for Windows/OS X is scheduled for next release)
- Can render using frameserver-support directly into foreign applications
- Supports float images as well as regular 32 bits images
- Curves tool allows you to create a mapping from the float range to a displayable result (for HDR images)
- Save all scene data in a single .blend file, even images, sounds or fonts can be packed for easy transportation
- Powerful built-in database system allowing instances, scene management, and dynamic linking multiple project files
- blend format supports compression, digital signatures, encryption, forwards/backwards compatibility and can be used as a library to link to from other .blend files
- Read and write support for many other 2D and 3D formats
- TGA, JPG, PNG, OpenEXR, DPX, Cineon, Radiance HDR, Iris, SGI Movie, IFF, AVI and Quicktime GIF, TIFF, PSD, MOV (Windows and Mac OS X)
- 3D Studio, AC3D, COLLADA, DEC Object File Format, DirectX, Lightwave, MD2, Motion Capture, Nendo, OpenFlight, PLY, Pro Engineer, Radiosity, Raw Triangle, Softimage, STL, TrueSpace, VideoScape, VRML, VRML97, Wavefront, X3D Extensible 3D, xfig export
This Software is Used by Many of the Worlds Professionals for:
Architectural/Industrial applications: It lets users create AND deliver superb photo-realistic animation – in convenient, compact files. It’s ideal for walkthroughs. Worried that real-time 3D presentations will strain your budget? Make models, design, and present interactively in your own product environment, and without straining budgets.
Web Design: Say you’ve got great 3D graphics on your site – but are they interactive? This technology makes 3D web publishing state-of-the-art: easy, affordable, fast – interactive.
Branded Advertainment: It delivers the marketing message to customers with exciting interactivity. Engage the site viewer – hold their attention by developing advertainment games or combining your market message innovative branded animations.
Character Animation: It gives branded characters new, added depth, and great interactivity. Characters can look stunning – stunningly REAL – enabling companies to boost the profile of their brand above the clutter.
e-commerce: It helps recreate the in-store experience in real-time. Combine animated rich environments with 3D product modeling, to create a unique retail experience.
Product Modeling: Viewers see more than a rotating object – they pick it up, interact with it, explore its features, customize it – and more. It’s the bridge between object and viewer. Powerful, fast and intuitive to use, it helps make 3D objects astounding.
e-learning applications: It enhances the learning experience. Support course material with interactive models, use it to make educational games and 3D modules.
e-marketing: To help realize potential in e-marketing, It gives 3D presence. Businesses use it for opt-in email, beyond-the-banner advertising, viral marketing, creative sponsorships and much more.
Presentations: We know presentations need competitive edge. Use it to enliven PowerPoint, Director and Word. Make compelling interactive 3D websites.
“Since in many design decisions, Blender has proven to be years ahead compared to other 3D apps (excelent example is the UI with the non-overlaping windows, the widgetless transforms, etc. resulting in a nearlyunsurpassed workflow), I see the flexible and elegant solution of a non-linear undo system (which is, in a large part, already implemented) as a possibility once again to show the 3D world the farsightedness of Blender’s design.” Goran Kocov, developer
“As an animatic artist working in the storyboard department of Spider-Man 2, I used Blender’s 3d modeling and character animation tools to enhance the storyboards, re-creating sets and props, and putting into motion action and camera moves in 3d space to help make Sam’s vision as clear to other departments as possible.Blender has helped me personally to transition from 2d to 3d animation; and the skills I acquired using Blender have transferred well into other 3d packages. The fact that Blender is a free program is utterly amazing to me.” Anthony Zierhut, Animatic Artist, Los Angeles
Blender is the first and only fully integrated 3D graphics creation suite allowing modeling, animation, rendering, post-production, realtime interactive 3D and game creation and playback with cross-platform compatibility – all in one tidy, easily and free downloadable package! “Blender is quickly being transformed from an impressive 3D creativity tool to a full-blown games and new media design application.” Garrick Webster, Editor, Computer Arts Magazine
System Requirements for 3D Animation Software Modeling:
- Works on Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7.
- File size is approximately 286 MB. High Speed connection recommended for download.
- If you do not have Windows you must have an unzip program such as Winzip.
- Recommended Ram is 128 MB or greater.
- Performance may vary depending on your system’s specifications.
- Download at Blender.org